Mentoring at awebfactory
At some point in time, everyone needs a mentor, and working with Drupal is no exception. We offer private mentoring services for large and small projects (minimum: a prepaid block of 10 hours):
- Drupal Mentoring
- Node.js and SSJS mentoring
- CouchDB mentoring
- Process engineering
- Web application architecture
For us, mentoring (see FAQ below) is not simply coaching or tutoring, but rather a participatory commitment to your project, no matter how large or small. It means we will be working with you, instead of merely imparting abstract wisdom... and you will receive the training tailored to what you need to get done.
And it is one of our favorite activities, so please do not hesitate to consult us about this service.
- How does it work?
- As soon as your payment is processed, we have an initial 45 minute session where we scope out our work, and we try to give you a lot of homework. My additional time is only necessary for evaluating what you do and making sure you are on the right path. So the 10 hours will probably last 2-4 weeks, depending on the need for my intervention, but you will have to do a significant amount of "homework" between our sessions, and our sessions don't have to be of any minimum length.
- Is the mentoring based on what you want to teach? Or what I want to know?
- It's based on what you _need_ to know according to my experience, based on your own stated objectives. But you can control the things we deal with.
- Can I ask questions? Even dumb questions?
- Of course, we meet up on Skype, and the session is one-on-one, and completely interactive.
- Where do you live and work?
- In Los Angeles, California, and in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- What is your involvement in the Drupal Community?
- Author of book Leveraging Drupal: http://www.amazon.com/Leveraging-Drupal-Getting-Right-Programmer/dp/0470410876
- Developer of Project Flow & Tracker, an agile project management Drupal installation profile and on-line service: http://projectflowandtracker.com/
- Is it a set course? Are your topics pre-designed possibly teaching me things I have already figured out? Or can I choose the topic?
- This is not a set course, the topics covered depend upon what your experience has been and where you want to go. This is one-on-one mentoring to help you to achieve your goals, not an abstract classroom.
- I am new to Drupal probably have dumb questions compared to most of your students. Do you have a required base knowledge?
- Since the mentoring is tailored, that's not a problem, on the contrary your questions will guide me on what you need to cover.
- I am an old hand at Drupal. It's just that with a current project I need help on some specific areas for where I haven't had much experience. Do I still have to go over a lot of elementary stuff I don't need with you?
- No, the party starts when and how you get there.
- Currently USD $100
- Feel free to consult for special cases and customized or in-house training